1. ‘Peachy Keen Design Co’ is Sarah Shrapnel trading as Peachy Keen Design Co.
2. ‘The Client’ is the party making a booking for design related services from Peachy Keen Design Co.
3. ‘An Order’ is the request for services from Peachy Keen Design Co.
4. ‘The project’ is a term used to describe service from Peachy Keen Design Co.
The terms and conditions apply to all dealings between The Client and Peachy Keen Design Co. By placing an order with Peachy Keen Design Co, you as a Client are forming a legally binding contract for services and you agree to the following terms & conditions.
• All quotes are valid for 7 days only.
• All prices are excluding GST unless otherwise stated.
• All prices are in Australian Dollars.
• Any additional work outside the terms of the quote will be charged at an hourly rate of $90 per/hour.
• Peachy Keen Design Co is not responsible for increases in materials by third party services (eg printers, packaging suppliers, web developers) where the increases are beyond our control.
• A 50% non-refundable booking deposit is required before starting any design project over $800.
• All design projects under $800 require to be paid in full upfront.
• All overseas clients are required to pay 100% upfront regardless of the project price.
• Payments are to be made either by bank deposit transfer or PayPal.
• Paypal is also a payment option however there is a 3% fee for this.
• All invoice terms are 5 business days from the date of the invoice.
• Accounts which are not paid on time will incur a late administration fee of $50 + GST.
• Accounts which remain outstanding for 14 days after the date of invoice will incur an additional payment fee equivalent to 5% of the projects costs for each week payment is outstanding.
• Final artwork files will not be handed over until the invoice has been paid in full.
• All printing invoices must be paid prior to sending the artwork to print.
• All work not completed within a 2 month period will be invoiced regardless.
• Payment is required for any artwork or drafts, that have been terminated on your request at any stage of development, prior to completion. Invoice will be issued as ‘work to date’.
• If debt collection is required for unpaid invoices, The Client is responsible for any costs incurred (fees/commissions payable to the debt collectors)
• The Client may cancel this Agreement for any reason by providing a minimum of 10 days written notice to Company, any deposit paid prior to cancellation will be non-refundable.
• Peachy Keen Design Co may cancel this Agreement at any time for any reason by providing written notice to The Client. In the event that Peachy Keen Design Co cancels this Agreement, Peachy Keen Design Co will provide any artwork completed and paid for to date.
• Peachy Keen Design Co cannot guarantee the outcome of design services and the client’s comments about the outcome are expressions of opinion only.
• The Client acknowledges that Peachy Keen Design Co cannot guarantee any results for design as outcomes are based on subjective factors that cannot be controlled by Peachy Keen Design Co.
• Peachy Keen Design Co is an online business therefore the majority of our communication is made via email, this helps us keep track of specific design requirements & any changes required.
• If you would like to chat with us on the phone or via skype we are happy to do so, however we ask that you please email us and make an appointment for a time to chat.
• The Client assumes full copywrite and reproduction rights upon full payment of a completed project.
• Peachy Keen Design Co retains personal rights to use completed projects and concept artwork for the purpose of marketing Peachy Keen Design Co.
• All images displayed on the Peachy Keen Design Co website or Facebook page are subject to copywrite, and must not be copied or used without full permission from Peachy Keen Design Co and the Client. Any breach of copywrite will result in legal action being taken as necessary.
• The Client allows Peachy Keen Design Co to display any projects on the Peachy Keen Design Co website/ Facebook page/ and portfolio for self promotion purposes.
• The Client agrees to allow Peachy Keen Design Co to credit design work on all websites designed by Peachy Keen Design Co.
• Peachy Keen Design Co will make every effort to meet deadlines. All quoted turnaround times are approximate. Peachy Keen Design Co will not be held responsible or liable for any costs resulting from late artwork or printing deliveries.
• Approval is required for all projects, via email prior to work being released.
• Whilst all care is taken by Peachy Keen Design Co, Peachy Keen Design Co is not responsible for any spelling, grammatical, numerical errors or omissions after final approval. Even if these errors are from Peachy Keen Design Co, it is the Client’s responsibility to proof read and check thoroughly their projects to identify any errors prior to approval.
• Some designs may contain stock images that are available for purchase.
• Any images supplied by the Client must be provided in high resolution and preferably in CMYK. Peachy Keen Design Co is not responsible for colour variations in conversion from RGB to process CMYK.
• Peachy Keen Design Co is not responsible for the reproduction quality of supplied images.
COLOUR MATCHING & PRINTING
• Whilst all care is taken, Peachy Keen Design Co does not take responsibility for Client supplied artwork that does not print properly.
• Please note that colour on projects can vary from screen to final product. Screen proofing is not indicative of final printed piece. Printed colours can vary from printer to printer, job to job, run to run, or even front to back, due to the nature of the CMYK printing process.
• Trimming can vary from printer to printer.